Rachel Eve, 24, is a Southern California transplant who moved to San Francisco to attend school at S.F. State in 2008. She graduated in 2010 with a degree in Painting & Drawing and a minor in English & American Literature. She is a paper-pushing legal assistant by day, and an artist and freelance illustrator by night. Somewhere in between, she works on music and bakes yummy things with Matt. She recently started a cooking blog, The Slug Kitchen.
Her work entails illustrative imagery that is largely inspired by human nature, craft, emotional states, and current surroundings. She is always adding to her portrait series of her favorite musicians, including the National, Ian Curtis, and Lovers.
She is currently open to commissions and always available to talk. Send her a friendly note on the "Contact" page.
- F3 Oakland, Cotton Mill Studios, Oakland, October 2012
- Queer the Art, Show & Tell Concept Shop in connection with LGBT Youth and Family Advocacy, Oakland, June 2012
- Art Attack!, Wix.com Lounge, San Francisco, March 2012
- Holidayland, Marion & Rose's Workshop, Oakland, November 2011
- ReTrace, Cesar Chavez Student Center Art Gallery, San Francisco, January 2011
- 21st Annual Stillwell Juried Art Show, Fine Arts Gallery, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, November 2010
- Threads of Cultural Exchange, Art Institute of San Francisco, San Francisco, November 2009 [provided cover image]
- Ancient to the Present, De Young Museum, San Francisco, May 2009
- Warhol Now and Then, De Young Museum, San Francisco, May 2009